Monday, July 4, 2016

Our First Couple of Days

I'm losing track of time. I'm getting used to living here, commuting to Thamel, eating Nepali food, anticipating the weather, etc. I'm getting used to it and it's very enjoyable. Every day feels long because there seems to be something new each day that shapes my perspective and experience in Nepal.

The church that Edut Yeshua mainly partners with a local Nepali pastor. We went to his church on Saturday (about 20 people) and though I couldn't understand any of the language, there was a real sense of joy during worship. S* exhorted the group from Psalm 2 and H* spoke on continuing to follow the narrow path. On Sunday and Monday, we all attended a prayer summit, which was a local gathering of several Nepali ministries. One of those ministries was Gethsemane House of Prayer, headed by my friend from New Jersey, Clement and his wife, Jenny. During the Monday morning session, J* gave one of the clearest messages I have ever heard on the issue of Israel, God's faithfulness to His covenants, and the role of the Gentiles in the controversy of Zion. I also need to mention our two young Nepali brothers, A* and R*. They have been crucial to our time and we are indebted to them. They have travelled with us, eaten with us, taught us about Nepali culture, prayed and worshipped with us.

I would never say this as if I believed it, but deep down, I think I had this belief that going to a foreign country would suddenly make my devotional life with God drastically different. The truth is, we still need to be disciplined about our devotions and our prayer time. It doesn't matter where we are. It's still hard! I've been learning so much about the Scriptures especially concerning Israel from the brothers here. I think the biggest struggle that I am facing is that I feel inadequate or perhaps not ready. I still feel like I don't understand so many things. I feel like I'm not mature enough in Christ. I'm weak and unworthy, so I ask God for grace! I repent of my own ways and ask that God would give me grace and strength to simply give Him my everything.

We are currently preparing to trek the Ghodephani Poon Hill circuit in the Annapurna region, which should take us about 5 days to complete (7 total days of travel). I am excited beyond measure! We leave tomorrow to Pokhara. Stay tuned!











~Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment