“From
the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the
standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the father; for the
gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.” (Rom. 11:28-29).
Joel
Richardson writes in When a Jew Rules the
World, “Paul could not have been more clear. He specifically stated that
Israel’s calling is ‘irrevocable.’ Make no mistake: in brazen and direct
conflict with the words of Paul, supersessionists argue that God has indeed
revoked His calling and electron of corporate ethnic Israel.”
“Let
us honestly ask ourselves which view better represents the God who refers to
Himself as the God of Israel more than two hundred times throughout the
Scriptures and which position portrays a God who is faithful and reliable?”
“I
appeal to you with all sincerity to truly consider just what is being conveyed
about God’s character when you espouse the view that God didn’t really mean
what He said and that His words must be fundamentally reinterpreted or read
figuratively to be understood properly. I urge you to consider the simple and
straightforward position of restorationism, with its message concerning a
faithful God who says what He means and can be absolutely trusted to accomplish
all that He has promised.”
Over
the past few years, the Lord has humbled me. My self-centered desires and
ambitions have been gradually torn away; my worldview has dramatically shifted.
Many wonder and question why I have become so adamant on the issue of Israel.
To me, this is an issue of God’s faithfulness. It is a matter of whether I can
believe in what the Scriptures say. Can I believe that if I repent and confess
of my sins, God will be faithful to forgive? Can I believe in His blood as my
atonement?
No comments:
Post a Comment